Yes it’s that time of year again. Join the biggest holiday party craze and host an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! The Christmas sweater, once thought to be tacky, now has made a huge comeback! It is actually hard to find the authentic 80’s sweaters. Party goers have no choice but to create their own or some other version of ugly Christmas attire.
Check out these Tips for Throwing an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! It might just save everyone’s sanity over this busy season and will be a great stress-reliever with all of the laughs it will be sure to get! Enjoy!
1. Invitations – The invites will make or break this event! The crazier the better and make sure you stress that everyone has to wear the ugly sweater to be granted entrance into the party!
2. Decorations – How about creating some great DIY decorations to save the pocketbook, yet be wonderfully ugly as you would like them to be!
3. Games – Christmas Inspired Minute-to-Win-It games sound like a great way to get everyone involved. How about a wonderful White Elephant Gift Exchange that you could get everyone excited about. I have a feeling there will be tons of gag gifts being passed around!
4. Food – The sweater cookies – yes they have Sweater Cookie Cutters. To lessen the stress, you could also make your party a pot-luck with everyone bringing a specific item to share!
5. Awards – If you’re going to get people to put all of this effort into getting dressed to the nine’s in an Ugly Christmas Sweater, you better be prepared to do some judging and hand out some outrageously wacky awards!
Categories for awards:
- All Around Ugliest
- Most Original
- Best Matched Couple – Not just couples who came together, just look for any two sweaters that seem to go together
- Most Outrageous
- Most Likely To Get Arrested If Seen In Public
- Most Shameful
- Most Festive
- Most Ridiculous
- Most Non-Ugly or ‘Cutest’
- Most Likely to go Viral on Social Media
So ’tis the season to be tacky. Take some time this year to have fun!
Source – realuglychristmassweaters.com